Newspaper – The Most Trusted Medium
By Jane Hungarter, Director of Marketing
Consumers value trust and integrity when purchasing a product or service. They want to feel good about how and where they spend their money.
Why is brand trust important?
Having trust in a brand not only reassures consumers that they are making a smart purchase, but it also makes it simpler for them to choose among brands.
According to Dusted.com,
- Brand trust drives new business.
- Brand trust increases marketing receptiveness.
- Brand trust creates loyalty.
- Brand loyalty builds client and customer advocacy.
- Brand loyalty, advocacy and goodwill can help a business weather any storm.
Research from the International News Media Association found the degree of trust in a media platform directly impacts how a brand’s ads will be perceived. For example, in trusted news sources, there is a higher level of brand recall and more positive associations for the advertising brand. Ads also profit from a halo effect, where positive values of trust associated with the news media brand are transferred to the advertising brand.
Newspapers are the most trusted medium
In this age of misinformation and disinformation, it can be challenging to know what platforms to trust. However, consumers across all age groups have resoundingly declared newspapers, in print and online, to be the most trusted source of news and information.
According to a recent Nielsen Report, newspapers are rated as the source that operates ethically and serves the public’s best interest. Additionally, the News Media Alliance reported that 82% of news media consumers trust print ads versus only 43% who trust ads on social media.
Newspaper Advertising offers brand-safe opportunities in print and digital
The Interactive Advertising Bureau studied the benefits of advertising within newspapers. They found that not only does this increase brand trust, but it also provides a solid return on investment.
The study concluded:
- Consumer trust in brands advertising within newspapers increases because of associations with preferred news sources.
- In addition to increased trust, brands that advertise within newspapers are also more likely to see increases in consumer perception or other positive attributes.
- Consumers are more likely to consider making a purchase after being exposed to a brand’s advertisement within their preferred news sources.
One fascinating point to note is that the news content, even when complex or disturbing, increases or has no impact on consumer trust for a brand’s advertising within that content. In fact, fewer than 1 in 10 consumers thinks sensitive content would have a negative impact on an advertiser within that content, and 1 in 3 consumers trusts brands more if they advertise within concerning or upsetting news on their preferred news sources.
Look at the outstanding results that ads in newspapers generate:
News media advertising is an option that brands can always feel confident with their decision. Campaigns will perform nicely and build trust. Additionally, advertising in news media encourages action – which is what we are all looking for with our advertising.
If you are looking to add a trusted option to your ad buy, contact MANSI Media, our team is here to help.