Developing Marketing Strategies for Newspapers
Whether your newspaper ad campaign is local or national in scope, effective planning is a crucial component of ensuring it goes off without a hitch. A newspaper marketing plan helps you set clear and measurable objectives, while outlining the steps toward achieving them. Think of it as a road map to a successful campaign.
Ad agencies and in-house marketing pros may find their time is in such high demand that outlining a unique set of newspaper marketing strategies for each project may seem unnecessary. In fact, a well thought-out newspaper marketing plan can help you focus your campaign before beginning creative work, saving you both time and money in the long run.
Key Steps of Print Media Planning
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses: An effective newspaper marketing strategy begins with a thorough assessment of where your business or client is currently. Who are your main competitors? Who are your customers? What are the specific benefits of your product or service?
- Identify your audience: Your intended audience will both guide the creative work and help you find the right outlets for publication. Are you trying to attract new clients with a new product or remind past customers of the value you provide?
- Set a timeframe: Is your proposed marketing campaign part of an intensive rebranding effort? A response to a flood of bad press? Or are you introducing the world to an innovative new product offering? A timeline gives your campaign momentum throughout its lifecycle and is an important component of any newspaper marketing plan.
- Follow up: Have a plan to follow up your campaign and assess its successes. Choose observable data to track — such as the number of click-throughs or impressions an online ad generates — and set a benchmark for success.
How MANSI Can Help With Your Newspaper Marketing Strategy
We offer a number of services that make developing your newspaper marketing plan a snap. Give us a call before your next campaign to discuss some of the ways we can help you:
- In-depth market research: With focused demographic and market research, MANSI Media makes ad placement a snap. We can tell you who lives where, who reads what and who browses which sites. Whether you want to know information about a specific zip code or the broader trends that are sweeping the nation, we have you covered.
- Targeted ad placements: With our network of media partners, we can place your ad anywhere from national publications to community web sites. We can also run your ad in special interest websites, alternative weeklies and university newspapers. Whatever audience you want to get excited about your brand, we'll find them and bring them to you.
- "Bullseye" reporting: When your campaign has run its course, you'll get a concise package from us with a single invoice for all your ads, proof of publication and all the tracking data you could possibly ask for. Having quantifiable evidence of your campaign's performance makes developing future newspaper marketing strategies easy.
At MANSI Media our motto is simple: plan, place, pronto. These three little words get to the heart of what we do for our clients. We'll take the hassle out of newspaper marketing strategy development, and we'll do it in a timely fashion. Contact us today.