The Sunday ritual of reading the newspaper has always included advertising inserts. Arriving from big box retailers, local service suppliers and direct response advertisers, this important marketing piece drives sales and encourages product discovery.
Why should you include newspaper inserts in your next media plan? Here are four reasons to consider:
- Over 1/3 of newspaper readers look for coupons, advertisements or offers as their first action when opening the paper.*
- 68% of readers will remove an insert they are planning on using and physically bring it to the store, rather than look for the same offer in-store. *
- ¾ of Americans utilize a coupon at least once per month. *
- Over ½ of newspaper readers use ads in the paper to learn about new products and opportunities. *
As you are preparing to run your next insert program, be sure to consider the following:
- What kind of insert do you want to run?A single sheet, a multi-page format, or a specialty sized coupon.
- Where will you have your insert printed?Many newspapers offer the ability to print inserts, but if they do not, consider how you will have your insert created and delivered.
- When do you want your insert to run?While a Run of Paper (ROP) display ad can be placed within a few days, an insert will deadline earlier, typically 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the desired publish date.Consider these earlier deadlines when deciding on your launch date.
- Which locations do you want to include in your promotion?The majority of communities in the United States have a strong local newspaper that provides great reach into the community and surrounds your insert in trusted content.
Do you want to simplify the process of placing your insert in a single, a handful or hundreds of newspapers across the country? Then contact MANSI Media’s client solutions team and find out how we can help. You can call our team at 717-703-3030 or email us directly at sales@MANSIMedia.com.
Read More at the News Media Alliance
*Surveys conducted by Morning Consult for News Media Alliance. December 5-8, 2017, 2, 193 US Adult Respondents. January 11-14, 2018, 2, 201 US Adult Respondents.