Forbes recently published an article titled, “Print is Dead? Not so Fast.” This piece took a look at print advertising and its importance to a media campaign. While some advertisers dabble with digital advertising, there is no disputing the importance and value that powerful print ads can have on an advertising campaign.
As media fragmentation continues to increase, particularly through digital and social media, it can be difficult to identify the media outlet that will best reach your target audience. It’s reassuring to know that nearly 7 in 10 U.S. adults read a print or digital newspaper each week totaling more than 168 million impressions, so your powerful print ads will be seen by not only a large audience, but by an audience who appreciates them as well. In a recent survey conducted by Frank N. Magid Associates, consumers identified newspapers as their preferred source for receiving advertising information as well as the medium that includes advertising they look forward to seeing.
Five Reasons to Advertise in the Newspaper
- Tangibility: Print has a physical presence and lasting longevity. A newspaper, along with its powerful print ads, can be retained for months or years.
- Credibility: Print adds legitimacy to a campaign and its associated brand. Consumers rate newspapers as the media with the most trusted and believable ads.
- Branding: Print is an excellent medium to solidify a brand. Through the consistent use of font, color, images and message, your brand recognition will continue to increase.
- Target Marketing: Print can target general and niche markets. Whether you are looking to reach a particular state, county, city or even zip code, newspapers provide a platform that allows your powerful print ads to reach your desired audience.
- Engaging: Print prompts its readers to spend more time interacting with the product. Seventy-one percent of adults age 35+ read newspapers, and 79% of all U.S. adults say they’ve taken actions based on newspaper advertising.
Read more at Forbes